Thursday, 13 February 2014

The Mummy Tag




I've seen this around a few blogs and thought I'd take part as being a mum is a big part of who I am.




1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum, or a Working Mum?

I'm a stay at home mum and I love it! Once Toby's older I plan to train to become a primary school teacher, which is a lifelong dream.

2. Would you have it any other way?

No, I love spending time with my little one and watching him grow each day.

3. Do you co-sleep?

No. However, when Toby was younger we used to so that we could grab an extra couple of hours sleep.

4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?

Baby sleeping bags! Toby has always hated swaddling and still kicks blankets off.

5. How many kids do you plan on having?

2 or 3. I was an only child and found it quite lonely, so I'd love for Toby to have a sibling or two.

6. Date night? How many nights per month?

Umm, probably one every two months or so... That's bad, isn't it?

7. Your childs favourite show?

Toby may not understand what he's watching yet, but loves TV. His current favourite is Curious George.

8. Name one thing you bought before you had your baby and never ended up using?

A room thermometer. I just check how warm or cold Toby is.

9. Your child’s favourite food?



Blueberry and apple puree. He smiles every other mouthful!


10. How many cars does your family have?

Just the one - JP is the only one of us who can drive.

11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during and after and now?

I lost weight while pregnant at first (thanks to hyperemesis gravidarum). But then I steadily gained and have gained a bit more since pregnant. I need to work harder at eating better and exercising, but it's hard to be motivated when it's cold outside!

12. Dream holiday with your kids?

Oh, this is hard! Probably South Africa when they're older. My husband was there for two years and says it's amazing.

13. Dream holiday without your kids?

Sardinia. I lived there until I was 2 and can't remember anything about it! 

14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born?

Having Toby has completely changed my life. My career ambitions and everything have been put on hold. I thought that it would bother me, but it hasn't. I think when you have a child you become less selfish.

15. Finish the sentence: 'It makes my heart melt to see … '



JP and Toby spending time together.


16. Where do you shop for your kids?

We've been given loads of clothes, so we don't really buy them often. When we do, we go to Tesco or Boots and occasionally TK Maxx. For nappies etc we usually go to Tesco or, more recently, Aldi. 

17. Favourite makeup and skincare products?

I swear by a good moisturiser from Neutrogena, MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation and Bourjois blush and mascara.

18. Huggies or Pampers?

I haven't tried Huggies, so will have to go for Pampers.

19. Have you always wanted kids?

Yes, but I never expected to be a mother so young!

20. Best part about being a mum?

Watching them grow each day. 


I tag anyone out there who wants to take part! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment