Friday, 6 December 2013

Review: The Happiness Project





Book: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin


1/5




Gretchen was not an unhappy person, just a person who believed that she could be happier in her life. Through this book we see her explore happiness - what it is and how to be more happy.

Although I'm not starting my own happiness project, I have been thinking about re-prioritising my life, so thought this would be a good read.

I wanted to like this book. Heck, I wanted to love it. I just couldn't. In fact, I had to push myself to finish it. Yes, it was insightful but lacked the warmth that you usually find in memoirs. I found Gretchen rather whiny and just couldn't relate to her at all! I'd say it's more of a "Happiness How To" rather than a memoir.

Verdict: Interesting but not what I was expecting. Read if you're into "How To" and scientific books.


No comments:

Post a Comment