Thursday, 12 December 2013

Film Review: The Silver Linings Playbook



The Silver Linings Playbook

2/5


When JP and I went grocery shopping and saw the DVD, he told me it was supposed to be good. Now, I really trust my husband when it comes to films because he watches so many and has great taste.

We didn't buy the film, as I usually like to watch the film on Netflix, NowTV or Lovefilm before I buy it. I mean, why buy a film I don't like? So today I spent my morning watching The Silver Linings Playbook on NowTV.

The concept of this film is good, so I expected the film to be great. It wasn't. Charming? No. Funny? Definately not. It lacked the depth and emotion I imagined it would hold. I was very disappointed.

Verdict: Mental illness wrapped up in a warm predictable romcom.


No comments:

Post a Comment